Saturday, April 18, 2009

Not as captivating?

Is it just me...? Or was the first game, pre-game show, Mandira (Lekha and Sonali missing?), atmosphere, just about everything less interesting than last year. The 7.5 mins breaks are terrible -- I used the first one to complete some chores and the second one to go online and have not followed much after that. The match has lasted 4 hours -- is someone getting fined (or is the dog the excuse)? Crowd did not appear to be as enthralled as they were in India.

CSK, the team I support got several things wrong -- why was Ashwin there if it was not to bowl... And the batting order was not right either. Flintoff/Oram ahead of Dhoni/Badri? So the game was disappointing as well.

Hopefully I will like some of the next matches a little more...

3 comments:

Trideep said...

RS,
The crowds abroad are not as vocal as they are in India. So the Indian atmosphere will surely be missed. Also the new look Mandira is definitely not anywhere close to the older Mandira. So the glamour is also lacking.

About the match, I feel CSK lost it in one over where Nayar took 23 runs off a Flintoff over. The last 5 overs was the difference.

Viswanathan said...

New look Mandira? I completely missed. Is she there in the extra innings?

rs said...

@trideep : I remember in Chennai, I was as engrossed by the crowd as I was by the match. Mandira, yes not as exciting.

Match agree on the Nayar, but also the batting order could be different.

Ott: She is the on-ground rep for extra innings (came several times).